Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ciao Florence



Saturday, June 20th

Today was going to be a quieter day...HA ! The morning at least started out slow. Jen & Brian had told us they would probably be up early and go for a walk before breakfast. Ken called their room at 8am and woke them up. They got a much needed good nights sleep.

The temperature was in the 70s today and breezy. It had it's hot moments that called for gelato breaks (pink grapefruit was wonderful) but overall was perfect weather. We walked to the Ponte Vecchio to window shop (lots of expensive gold and silver jewelry). Then we went to the Palazzo Vecchio and took in all of the incredible statues and watched the "human statues" get themselves ready by dressing and painting their faces white. Jen made friends with Cupid, and he kept blowing her kisses since she donated some $$ to his cup!

Next we headed to the San Lorenzo Market. We went into a store where Ken and I had bought leather coats before. A different salesman (cute young man) who told Jen and me would get a deal "like you are my seesters" "And you sirs, like my brothers. We are family". We were beginning to feel kidnapped,and I thought Jen was going to take him out. It was exhausting, and took up the rest of our afternoon.
Back to ZaZa for another incredible meal. Brian has been pleasantly surprised by the food. He hasn't had a "garlic" hangover !

Florence has always been one of favorite our cities. It still is, however, it has gotten dirtier with so much graffiti. Young men from Africa are very aggressive with selling their wares. They make the gypsies look tame !

Kelli: When I light a candle, it is for the health and happiness of family and friends. I assume selling the house would make you happy.

Lynne: We have not had any babies "tossed" at us. It would be too hot to even want to try o catch them :)

We may be out of touch for a few days !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice video Ken....Well, did you buy new leather coats, or did you control yourself. I would love to see the market, sounds like fun.
Where are you off to now?

scary lady said...

Happy Fathers' Day to Ken and Brian!... though I suppose you may not see this until after...
Very nice pictures... I'm really getting a feel for what you're up to. And thanks for the gelato pic... now I HAVE to get to Serenas!
More later.. Lynne

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Uncle Ken....you to Brian ;0) I am sure this will be one to remember. Dane enjoyed the video, thanks. Dakota out on the mower with Ron but I am sure she will be excited as well.