
Another packed, hot day. I think it cooled off to 94 though. We started the day at 7:30am in the breakfast room getting nurishment (soft boiled eggs were a part of the breakfast!) to get us through the day...or at least a couple of hours. The Academia (to see David), was at 10am. He is ALWAYS amazing to see. Then to the Duomo museum, which was great. Not crowded a great find. Good tip, Jim and Linda. All of our eyes were beginning to cross from so much culture that we decided to have lunch. A long story, but we got lost and I had had it, Jen and I sat on a "bench" and waited for Ken to get directions (the GPS was in the room). Jen, showing me that she is a true friend, dumped her bottle of water down the back of my blouse. It d
idn't look pretty but felt SO good. Ken returned, we got some pizza for lunch in a section of Florence that has probably never seen an American (We were really lost). Before we got back to the hotel, I had water poured on me twice. When we walked into the hotel, I showed Carl, the owner my wet back. She wanted to know "who do this?" It's always good to make an impression.
After a 45 minute rest (cold shower), we walked back to The Duomo where there were no lines to get in. I didn't have money to light my usual candle, so tacked my prayer onto someone elses. Besides health and happiness for you all, I prayed for cooler weather. I hope hat wasn't pushing my luck. Pierrepaolo, at the front desk says it is going to rain the next few days and be 70. Maybe I need to be more detailed in my prayers. Back to the hotel to get our complimentary drink. I asked for just "a little" gin with my tonic. Someone got their "big and little" mixed up !
Went to dinner at Le Mossacce. We had one of our best dinners there last time, This time it
was just average. I think they gave us tough steak Florentine because I asked for ice. Of course gelato outside was wonderful, as there is a bit of a breeze. Tonight it was chocolate and melon for me. Ken: tiramisu and crema. Jen: chocolate and stawberry. Brian: strawberry and lemon.
idn't look pretty but felt SO good. Ken returned, we got some pizza for lunch in a section of Florence that has probably never seen an American (We were really lost). Before we got back to the hotel, I had water poured on me twice. When we walked into the hotel, I showed Carl, the owner my wet back. She wanted to know "who do this?" It's always good to make an impression.After a 45 minute rest (cold shower), we walked back to The Duomo where there were no lines to get in. I didn't have money to light my usual candle, so tacked my prayer onto someone elses. Besides health and happiness for you all, I prayed for cooler weather. I hope hat wasn't pushing my luck. Pierrepaolo, at the front desk says it is going to rain the next few days and be 70. Maybe I need to be more detailed in my prayers. Back to the hotel to get our complimentary drink. I asked for just "a little" gin with my tonic. Someone got their "big and little" mixed up !
Went to dinner at Le Mossacce. We had one of our best dinners there last time, This time it
was just average. I think they gave us tough steak Florentine because I asked for ice. Of course gelato outside was wonderful, as there is a bit of a breeze. Tonight it was chocolate and melon for me. Ken: tiramisu and crema. Jen: chocolate and stawberry. Brian: strawberry and lemon.Another 5 mile day,
Sondra: we've had pizza a few times (with beer)..and I have NO idea why Susan is using Grandma's name!
Michelle: Glad you like the manpris. It takes someone secure in his masculinity, don't you think?
Lynne and Brian: Can you guys feel us all missing you
Emily: WAY TO GO ! Ken and I think you deserve the coat, but can't override your folks (but we'll try)
Susan: Keep up the blogging, I think Sondra is head of you. I give Ken a "10" on his "dance. He was actually twisting on bull testicles for good luck in Milan.
Joel and Julia: We'll talk to you before we leave Florence. No internet or phone on the agriturismo.
Susan: Keep up the blogging, I think Sondra is head of you. I give Ken a "10" on his "dance. He was actually twisting on bull testicles for good luck in Milan.
Joel and Julia: We'll talk to you before we leave Florence. No internet or phone on the agriturismo.
Toni: A Euro is worth about $1.40. Wish it was par with the dollar, but better than last year when planning when it was $1.60!
Until later...Sally
Until later...Sally

8 comments:
As usual the pictures are great and it is always fun to see how things are going. All is well here,( I almost hate to say that).Went and got my drivers license for another 5 years, that is scary, Just think I will be 72 the next time I get it.. How in the h did I get this old. Don't feel it......Love ya
You said a prayer on someone elses dime...Girl, your going to burn for that one....Oh well, wear your hat and nobody will blame you....The pics are great and sounds like your logging in some good miles..Good for you....have another good day tommorow......love ya.....
Great picture of the four of you. Hmmm... water down the back, cold showers, cool drinks and gelato. It sounds like you've figured out how to survive in the heat. And hey, if it cools to 70, it'll still be warmer than it is here.
Buona sera(me), e buongiorno (you)
...I think!
Lynne
I didn't hear of any prayers for a certain house selling....I demand you go back ;0)
NO WAY!!! Dakota Can Uncle Ken come over? Dane
Dane is requesting a "Video Hello" from Uncle Ken...Sorry Aunt Sal ;0)
Please help.. suffering serious withdrawal symptoms..
mailbox:empty
blog: over 24 hr lapse..
must.. have.. gf news... soon.
Post a Comment