
After 10 hours of a very smooth flight, we arrived at CDG airport in Paris. As we deplaned we noticed that the French have a sophisticated look. In fact, even at our gate at SeaTac, the French just have “the look”. So how does one acquire “the look” after 10 hours of flight when “bed head” is major, dried salvia is encrusted on your face, sleep in your eyes and you just have an overall rumpled look? You don’t. A splash of water and a brush through your hair just has to do.
Back to the beginning…..As we boarded the plane at SeaTac, I took my usual “right turn” and I heard “Madame, theese way”, as she gestured to the left. Oh, yes, of course,…..We’d been saving those frequent flyer miles for this moment….BUSNIESS CLASS. The seats were very comfortable and roomy (with a massage in them). These definitely were the most comfortable seats we’ve had. They turned into a bed. We started out with dinner. Ken chose the steak, and I, the red snapper. The steak was good, the snapper was just okay. We actually slept for 4 hours and woke up in time for breakfast, Food was plentiful, but oddly enough, British Air was better than Air France. The comfortable seats made up for it though.
So, here we sit in the Air France lounge. The French internet doesn’t like me, so you will get this from Italy. Again, the Air France lounge pails compared to British Air, but we are just thrilled to be here. I am 2 chocolate croissants into this visit….petite croissants, of course.
Next stop Milan. After an hour flight, which I slept through, we were welcomed by the Italians.Let’s just say they are not as quiet and subdued as the French. I used more Italian today than in any of my other trips. The good news is they understood me. The bad news is I didn’t understand their responses, but all in all it went well. We took the Malpensa express train from the airport to Cordona Nord Station, where we took a short cab ride to our Hotel Ariosto. Ken needed an hour nap so at 6pm we decided to figure out the subway system and check out the main area of Milan. We found Luini for Panzerotti. It is a fried pizza pocket.
We shared 3 and also shared a beer on the curb outside. Total for dinner…..11 Euros. Thanks Samantha Brown and Jen for the tip. We’ll go back when the Stroms join us. Just delicious. The man at our front desk at our hotel was VERY impressed that we knew to go there and that we
could find it. Next stop was to twist our heels on bull testicles for good luck, and watch a bride and groom at McDonalds in the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, a glass domed shopping mall. Next we sat on a curb and stared at The Duomo (WOW), while eating gelato. Pastacio and Crema tonight. We had a wonderful gal help us buy subway tickets from a machine back to the hotel where we are crashing. Internet is not working in the room.
For those of you (like Ken) who are driven crazy by past tense being mixed with present and general grammar mistakes, my travel writing will put you over the edge. I don’t apologize….you’re in Italy with me, get over it !
Day 2: After a good nights sleep, we woke at 6:30am. We just got back to the room from having a “typical Italian breakfast”. We will go downstairs and see if we can add this to our blog and check out comments you’ve made. Watch out Italy, Ken has his shirt untucked ! We head to Varenna (Lake Como) after that. George Clooney, here I come ! Sally
Back to the beginning…..As we boarded the plane at SeaTac, I took my usual “right turn” and I heard “Madame, theese way”, as she gestured to the left. Oh, yes, of course,…..We’d been saving those frequent flyer miles for this moment….BUSNIESS CLASS. The seats were very comfortable and roomy (with a massage in them). These definitely were the most comfortable seats we’ve had. They turned into a bed. We started out with dinner. Ken chose the steak, and I, the red snapper. The steak was good, the snapper was just okay. We actually slept for 4 hours and woke up in time for breakfast, Food was plentiful, but oddly enough, British Air was better than Air France. The comfortable seats made up for it though.
So, here we sit in the Air France lounge. The French internet doesn’t like me, so you will get this from Italy. Again, the Air France lounge pails compared to British Air, but we are just thrilled to be here. I am 2 chocolate croissants into this visit….petite croissants, of course.
Next stop Milan. After an hour flight, which I slept through, we were welcomed by the Italians.Let’s just say they are not as quiet and subdued as the French. I used more Italian today than in any of my other trips. The good news is they understood me. The bad news is I didn’t understand their responses, but all in all it went well. We took the Malpensa express train from the airport to Cordona Nord Station, where we took a short cab ride to our Hotel Ariosto. Ken needed an hour nap so at 6pm we decided to figure out the subway system and check out the main area of Milan. We found Luini for Panzerotti. It is a fried pizza pocket.
We shared 3 and also shared a beer on the curb outside. Total for dinner…..11 Euros. Thanks Samantha Brown and Jen for the tip. We’ll go back when the Stroms join us. Just delicious. The man at our front desk at our hotel was VERY impressed that we knew to go there and that we
could find it. Next stop was to twist our heels on bull testicles for good luck, and watch a bride and groom at McDonalds in the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, a glass domed shopping mall. Next we sat on a curb and stared at The Duomo (WOW), while eating gelato. Pastacio and Crema tonight. We had a wonderful gal help us buy subway tickets from a machine back to the hotel where we are crashing. Internet is not working in the room.For those of you (like Ken) who are driven crazy by past tense being mixed with present and general grammar mistakes, my travel writing will put you over the edge. I don’t apologize….you’re in Italy with me, get over it !
Day 2: After a good nights sleep, we woke at 6:30am. We just got back to the room from having a “typical Italian breakfast”. We will go downstairs and see if we can add this to our blog and check out comments you’ve made. Watch out Italy, Ken has his shirt untucked ! We head to Varenna (Lake Como) after that. George Clooney, here I come ! Sally

4 comments:
Never mind the tenses and grammar, but you did blindside me with "...bull testicles". I didn't regain my focus until "George Clooney". Say hi to him for me, by the way. Not sure why I'm up at this hour, but glad I caught your post, and glad you're speaking the language and finding the local hangouts! Love the picture.. and you!
Sounds like your having a great beginning to your trip. Have a good time and I will check in again to see what is going on......Love Sondra
Hey Ken and Sally,
Can't wait to get there! We've got some twisting to do. Great job and finding Luini! We are packed and ready to fly, fly, fly....and we'll try to remember to turn left when we board. Say hi to George C. for me. Ciao baby.
Jen and Bri
Ken and Sally,
Glad that you had a very smooth flight to France. The Business Class seats sound really comfortable! Lucky Ducks! That's great that you are doing well with mastering the language!! Great job with getting off the train in that 1 minute of time! I bet it is so easy to just sit and relax and type in beautiful Italy. Say hi to George C. for Joel and I too.
Love,
Julia and Joel:)
Post a Comment